Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Presentation Post

Hi everybody!
This is my first post on my first blog. Perhaps all of you are wondering why that weird name, don´t you?Ok, I´m going to share with you my thoughts. We had to give our blogs a name related to the period of the Restoration, and as you know, APHRA BEHN was one of the most successful writers in that period (actually, her most remarkable work, Oroonoko, or the Royal Slave, was published during those years). But, probably, few people know that another name used for Aphra is "Affera", and that etimologically, Aphra means "dust". With this, my intention was to create a kind of wordplay, since although you do the dusting everyday, dust always stays everywhere, and this is what happens to Aphra Behn: she was and still is very influential for many writers,  that is, "she always stays everywhere".

No comments:

Post a Comment